Cost: 150 ETB
- Diplomas are awarded by the French Ministry of Education and accepted worldwide.
- Exams are held world-wide and conducted under the supervision of the French Embassy of respective countries, at accredited official examination centres.
- The DELF-DALF structure is modeled on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), which serves as an international reference in the organisation of language teaching and certification.
- Candidates having earned the DALF are exempted from language entrance examinations in French universities.
They certify the French as Second Language learner skills at four different levels of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR), thus there are four separate diplomas:
- A1 (Discovery),
- A2 (Intermediate),
- B1 (Independent) and
- B2 (Advanced).
The examinations are independent; candidates can register for a level without any prerequisite for the examination of their choice. The diploma is valid for life!
At each level a series of tests assesses the four skills:
- oral comprehension (25 points)0
- oral expression (25 points)
- written comprehension (25 points)
- written expression (25 points)
It is meant for people whose objective is a professional insertion or promotion in a French-speaking milieu. Any candidate, undergoing initial or continued training can take the exam.
The DELF Pro assesses common communicative skills in all current professional situations. The subjects of the papers are in keeping with the professional world. It comprises 4 independent diplomas corresponding to the first four levels of the CEFRL: from A1 to B2. There are no prerequisites: a candidate can appear for the diploma of his/her choice. Each diploma assesses the 4 skills: listening and reading, writing as well as speaking during interaction..
Get prepared for the exam
The AEF is an examination center for those studying distance courses at French Universities.
If you wish to take your university exam in AEF:
- Ask the coordinator of your study program to contact the course director of the AEF at least 1 month before the exam, giving the exam details.
- Answer sheets will be sent to the university through DHL or diplomatic mail.
- Sending and receiving fees are charged to the candidate.
- AEF Exam Fee:
Administration fee: 800 ETB
Invigilation fee : 250 ETB per hour.